Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic
Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Responsible for performing various heavy equipment, diesel and truck repair and routine maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to troubleshoot and do repairs on 12 & 24 Volt systems.
- Performs trailer repair, diesel engine system diagnostics and preventive maintenance.
- Respond to service calls.
- Perform all repairs necessary to keep our fleet in safe operating condition.
- Respond to service calls including picking up and delivering vehicles.
- Light fabrication and welding Perform and maintain work/entry logs for on machinery and vehicles.
- Maintain tools and keep work area clean
- Repair and maintain, in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturers specifications, facility machinery.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely.
- Works inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school completion certificate.
- At least 2 years prior experience maintaining and repairing heavy equipment.
- Trade school graduation and experience with computers preferred.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent physical condition. Position requires ability to grasp, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, stoop, squat, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach in small spaces throughout the day.
- Requires excellent manual dexterity to use handtools and portable power equipment.
- Must work daily and weekend overtime as needed or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050