Linda Sue Comer (Susie)
President & Treasurer
Linda Sue Comer (Susie), is President & Treasurer of Comer Construction, a women-owned general contractor company recently named as one of the Top 25 Construction Companies in the Greater Baltimore region.
Susie has been with the company since its inception in 1982 by her father, J. Marvin Comer, as J.M. Comer Construction. Susie served as President of the company for 16 years, before purchasing the assets of the company with her two sisters to start Comer Construction, Inc. in 1998.
As President & Treasurer and Director of the Estimating & Project Management Divisions, Susie’s vast knowledge of the construction industry and commitment to the community are contributing factors to the overwhelming success of the company.
Susie has always acknowledged a mission to invest heavily in the local community by providing employment opportunities to local residents and encouraging advancement opportunities for current employees. She continues to expand the company’s role as a leader in the construction industry by providing customers with the highest level of quality construction services at market competitive prices.
Susie is a respected leader in the construction industry and the community as a role model and committed supporter of the advancement of women in business. Susie is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO).
Susie also currently serves in the following volunteer roles within the community:
- Chair, Harford County Public Works Advisory Board
- Member, Maryland Health Benefit Exchange Board
- Member, Home Builders Association of Maryland, Harford County
- Chair, Harford County Contractors Association Scholarship Committee
- Member, National Association of Women Business Owners
- Member, Baltimore County Highway Contractors Board of Directors
- Member, Harford County Contractors Association Board of Directors
- Member, Maryland Asphalt Association Board
- Member, Upper Chesapeake Health Foundation Board
- Member, Army Alliance Aberdeen Providing Ground Board
- Panelist, Harford County Business Indicators
- Member, Harford County Government Spending Affordability Committee
Past Community Involvement
- 1996 - 1999: Member, Harford County Contractors Association Board of Directors
- June - December 2000: Vice President, Harford County Contractors Association
- 1998 - 2002: Member, Greater Bel Air Forest Hill Community Planning Council
- November - December 2002: Member, Governor Robert Ehrlich’s Transition Team
- 2001 - 2002: President, Harford County Contractors Association
- 2000 - 2003: Panelist, Town of Bel Air Department of Juvenile Justice
- 1998 - 2005: Member, Harford County Executive James M. Harkins Campaign Finance Committee
- June - July 2006: Member, Maryland Environmental Services Transition Advisory Board
- June - September 2007: Member, Harford County Zoning Code Review Workgroup
- 2003 - 2007: Representative, Maryland Department of Transportation NAWBO-BRC Minority Business Enterprise Advisory Committee