CDL Driver – Lowboy
Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Responsible for loading, transporting and unloading equipment and materials to and from various job sites using tractor-trailers (low-boy).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates Class A vehicles in the transportation of equipment to and from storage facilities and work sites.
- Loads and unloads heavy equipment onto and off of semi-trucks and trailers (low-boys).
- Safely secures load and ensures safe and satisfactory delivery of all equipment and materials.
- Ensure proper load is unloaded at the jobsite.
- Addresses customer concerns and inquiries as they arise and refer them to the appropriate foreman.
- Provides work tickets to customers and obtains customer signatures
- Maintains telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive changes in delivery instructions.
- Maintains truck log showing delivery locations, time spent, and distance traveled.
- Requests special permits as needed.
- Inspects truckloads for safety and legal compliance including and not limited to tires, lights, grease, brakes, fuel, oil, and water.
- Works inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
- Maintains truck’s appearance to meet company standards.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must have a current and valid Class A Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school completion certificate.
- At least 1 year prior CDL driving experience, low-boy experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent physical condition. Position requires ability to grasp, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, stoop, squat, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach in small spaces throughout the day.
- Requires excellent manual dexterity to use handtools and portable power equipment.
- Must work daily and weekend overtime as needed or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050