Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Responsible for the day-to-day supervision and oversight of assigned workers and safe, efficient and timely completion of assigned projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans and manages each site development and construction project to which his/her crew is assigned, establishing and adjusting work sequences to meet the project’s schedule.
- Generally accountable for all aspects of project, including safety, quality and completion on time and within budget
- Assigns work and schedules for assigned laborers and workers daily/weekly.
- Ensures work is completed according to project plan, safety procedures and specifications and within budget.
- May estimate time and material costs on projects and requisition materials and/or equipment.
- Ensures equipment and materials needed to get the job done are on-site when needed.
- Responds to/resolves employee and customer concerns, questions and complaints or refers them to the Superintendent.
- Performs project duties as needed. May operate heavy equipment.
- Monitors equipment and operators to ensure that all preventative and safety maintenance is performed on a daily basis.
- Works inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school completion certificate, or work experience equivalency.
- At least 5 years prior work experience in construction.
- At least 1 year prior supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent physical condition. Position requires ability to grasp, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, stoop, squat, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach in small spaces throughout the day.
- Requires excellent manual dexterity to use handtools and portable power equipment.
- Must work daily and weekend overtime as needed or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050
Comer Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer