Fuel Truck Driver
Full Time | Forest Hill, MDComer Construction is seeking a full-time Fuel Truck Driver with a least one-year experience in loading, transporting and unloading fuel and other construction related material as needed to and from various job sites.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate Class B vehicles in the transportation of materials to and from vendor facilities, storage facilities, and work sites.
- Load and unload stone, asphalt, dirt, debris and other materials onto and off of truck as needed.
- Safely secures load and ensures safe and satisfactory delivery of all materials.
- Ensure proper load is unloaded at the jobsite.
- Addresses customer concerns and inquiries as they arise and refer them to the appropriate Foreman.
- Provide work tickets to customers and obtain customer signatures.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive changes in delivery instructions.
- Maintain truck log showing delivery locations, quantity, time spent, and distance traveled.
- Inspect truckloads for safety and legal compliance including and not limited to tires, lights, grease, brakes, fuel, oil, and water.
- Work inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
- Maintain truck’s appearance to meet company standards.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely.
- Must have a current and valid Class B w/ Tanker and Hazmat endorsements (Class A preferred)
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school completion certificate, or work experience equivalency
- At least 6 months prior CDL driving experience
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions
- Excellent physical condition. Position requires ability to grasp, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, stoop, squat, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach in small spaces throughout the day
- Requires excellent manual dexterity to use hand tools and portable power equipment
- Must work daily and weekend overtime as needed or assigned
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050