Heavy Equipment Operator
Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Performs general site development activities operating heavy equipment including, but not limited to, bulldozers, backhoes, loaders, end dumps, graders, scrapers and excavators.
Duties & Responsibilies
- Operates heavy equipment including and not limited to bulldozers, backhoes, loaders, end dumps, graders, scrapers and excavators.
- Cuts and fills earth for building sites and roadbeds.
- Interprets information on grade stakes.
- Clears, strips, excavates, backfills, stockpiles and pushes scraper with tractor crawler
- Cuts and spreads fill material with scraper
- Digs holes and trenches using excavators and loaders
- Works inside and outside year round in different types of weather.
- Inspects equipment daily for safety and legal compliance including and not limited to tires, tracks, lights, grease, brakes, fuel, oil, and water.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be at least 18 years old. § High school diploma, GED, or trade school completion certificate.
- At least 2 years prior experience in heavy equipment operation.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent physical condition. Position requires ability to grasp, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, stoop, squat, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach in small spaces throughout the day.
- Must work daily and weekend overtime as needed or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050