Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Comer Construction is seeking a full-time Estimator with at least three years’ experience in estimating. Applicant to be responsible for preparing complete and responsive bid proposals on public and private projects. Duties include analyzing plans and specifications to develop detailed cost estimates for materials, equipment and labor required to construct the project.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and prepare estimates using on line plans. Prepare pricing estimates on potential new projects.
- Evaluating specifications, drawings, scope documents and other bid package information to ensure that all the information needed to develop an accurate and competitive estimate for the project is known and understood.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records of subsequent changes to the work including extra work and change orders
- Participating in pre-proposal site visits and meetings with potential clients; collecting information analyzing and evaluating all site-specific factors to ensure that they are taken into account in the development of estimates.
- Developing a thorough understanding of scopes of work provided with requests for proposals and change orders. Where scope information may be unclear or contradictory, developing questions, making inquiries and resolving these uncertainties. Researching scope items that are unfamiliar and communicating as needed to ensure that the project development team has enough understanding of the work to develop the proposal.
- Determining man-hour, tool and construction equipment requirements along with their respective costs.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Comer Construction Offers
- Competitive wages
- Safe work environment
- 100% employer-paid health insurance for employees
- Matching 401k
- Other benefit options including vision, dental, short and long-term disability and life insurance
- At least 3 years prior estimating experience
- Experience with Heavybid and Agtek preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with minimal direction
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, contractors, vendors or employees
- Strong mathematical skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to estimate multiple projects at a given time
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050