Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Comer Construction is seeking a full-time Junior Estimator with at least two years’ experience in estimating. Applicant to be responsible for providing support to Estimators in quantity of take-off, estimating software, reading plans and specs and bidding.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Review plans and specifications for take-off purposes.
- Create HCSS bid items, enter quantities, validate and provide reports to estimators.
- Solicit suppliers for material quotes and subcontractors for job pricing.
- Review vendor quotes and order materials.
- Review approved plans looking for changes from the bid set.
- Keep Estimator aware of problems/concerns.
- Provide Estimator with Vendor quotes.
- Follow up on proposals issued to current/potential clients.
- Prepare material submittals.
- Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-throughs and site visits.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- At least 2 years prior estimating experience
- Experience with Heavybid and Agtek preferred
- Prefer ability to read blue prints
- Knowledge of site construction industry a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Strong mathematical skills
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050
Comer Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer