Full Time | Forest Hill, MD
Performs pipe installations. Works with a variety of air, electric, and gas powered tools, as well as a variety of hand tools. Works outside year round.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform pipe installation as directed.
- Operate air, electric, or gas powered hand tools
- Work with hand tools e.g. sledge hammers, shovels, wrecking bars, etc.
- Operate diesel, gas powered or electric pumping systems.
- Clean and pile salvaged materials.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites.
- Mix, pour and spread materials.
- Load, unload and transport construction materials.
- May operate heavy equipment.
- Works outside year round in different types of weather.
- Adhere to all company standards and work safely
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school completion certificate.
- At least 2 years prior work experience in construction.
- Exp with DIP/PVC/CMP, concrete pipe, water & sewer, storm drain.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to read, write and accurately follow oral and written instructions.
- Excellent physical condition. Position requires ability to grasp, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, climb, kneel, stoop, squat, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach in small spaces throughout the day.
- Requires excellent manual dexterity to use handtools and portable power equipment.
- Must work daily and weekend overtime as needed or assigned.
- Must be self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision.
We've made applying at Comer Construction Easy!
Use our online initial application to start the hiring process.
Prefer to apply offline?
If you prefer to apply offline or were instructed by a member of our team you can, download our full application. Applicants may fill out the application electronically or by hand.
Alternative options for submitting applications:
- Email your application to Dorothy Kuzora, Human Resources Coordinator, at email@example.com
- Drop it by our office or send in the mail to: Comer Construction, Inc. Attn: Dorothy Kuzora 2100 Slade Lane Forest Hill, MD 21050